Turkish Tuna & Egg Salad
Cooking time: 7 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups baby rocket leaves
- ½ bunch mint leaves
- ½ bunch coriander leaves
- 1 cup roasted cherry tomatoes
- 425g tin tuna in oil, flaked
- ½ cup black olives, halved
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- pinch chilli powder
- sea salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- 1 cup hummus
- Fill the base of the Microsafe® Steam Egg Poacher with boiling water up to the line. Sprinkle the inside of the cups with oil, then crack an egg into each. Add boiling water up to the line, then fit the lid and microwave on high power for 1 minute and 20 seconds. Allow to rest for one minute.
- Combine the rocket, herbs, tomatoes, tuna, olives and walnuts in a bowl and toss gently. Mix the olive oil, lemon juice and spices, season with salt and pepper, then drizzle on the salad.
- Spread the hummus on plates, then top with the salad. Place an egg onto each.