Bacon & Egg Linguine with Chives
Cooking time: 19 minutes
- 400g linguine pasta
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 rashers middle bacon
- 4 eggs
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp baby capers
- 2 bunch chives, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- 1 cup Pecorino, finely grated
- Arrange the linguine in the Microsafe® Pasta Cooker and fill with cold water to the fill line. Cook on high power for 10 minutes, until al dente. Drain well. Add the salt and toss through butter.
- Cook the bacon rashers in a pan, until crispy. Chop into thin slices.
- Fill the base of the Microsafe® Steam Egg Poacher with boiling water up to the line. Sprinkle the inside of the cups with oil, then crack an egg into each. Add boiling water up to the line, then fit the lid and microwave on high power for 1 minute and 20 seconds. Allow to rest for one minute.
- Combine the garlic, capers and chives in a mortar and pound until a coarse paste forms. Mix in the olive oil then season with salt and pepper. Toss the pasta in the chive oil, bacon and Pecorino, then garnish each bowl with an egg.