Hot Hazelnut-Mocha Fudge Pudding
Cooking time: 55 minutes
- 225g dark chocolate, chopped (70% cocoa)
- 325 unsalted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g caster sugar
- 5 eggs
- 200g hazelnut meal
- 150g hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tbsp instant coffee powder
- custard, ice cream and berries, to serve
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Combine the dark chocolate and 225g butter in a heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan of barely-simmering water, stirring often until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat in the vanilla, 150g sugar and 3 eggs, then fold in the hazelnut meal and hazelnuts. Spoon into a Thermoglass® 3L Oblong Baking Dish, then bake for 30-35 minutes until just set halfway to the centre. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Fit the lid and refrigerate until required.
- Melt the remaining butter, then whisk with the remaining sugar and eggs. Fold in the gluten-free flour, milk and 1 tbsp coffee powder, then whisk until smooth. Pour over the brownie base, then microwave on high power for 2½ minutes with lid on and vent open.
- Combine the remaining coffee powder in a saucepan with the brown sugar and ½ cup water. Boil rapidly, then pour over. Serve with custard, ice cream and berries.