Rhubarb Self-Saucing Pudding
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 1 bunch rhubarb, chopped
- 2½ cups caster sugar
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp natural vanilla extract
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Toss the rhubarb with ½ cup caster sugar and the orange juice in a Thermglass® 3L Oblong Baking Dish. Microwave on medium powder with lid on and vent open for 6 minutes, until just tender.
- Set aside for 5 minutes with lid on and vent open, then drain the juice into a jug and set aside.
- Combine the flour, butter, ½ cup sugar, eggs, vanilla, orange zest and ¾ cup rhubarb juices in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour over the rhubarb pieces. Mix the remaining sugar with 1 cup boiling water, then pour over the batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a skewer can be inserted and removed cleanly. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.