Microwavable Pumpkin Soup
This easy microwavable pumpkin soup recipe is so quick and convenient! One of the best of winter soups with a sweet rich flavour and golden colour, pumpkin soup is very simple to make and inexpensive.
- 500 grams peeled pumpkin, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 medium potato, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 30 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock or water and a stock cube
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put the vegetables, oil and butter into the Decor Microsafe® jug and stir well so the vegetables are coated.
- Put lid on jug with the pourer open and cook for 7 minutes. Stir well.
- Add tomato paste and stock. Replace the lid with pourer open and microwave for a further 10 minutes.
- Stir through the pourer opening and then microwave for a further 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Let rest for 2 minutes. Leave the flap open while the food is hot.
- Use a food processor or a hand-held electric blender to make a puree. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or store in Decor Microsafe® containers ready for reheating. Great to take to work!