Who doesn't love a delicious chocolate brownie! With this recipe we include 1 cup of "mix ins" so you can add anything you like to change up your sweet treats, we give you some inspiration and ideas of what you could include.
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mix ins (we used a combination of dessicated coconut, walnuts, chocolate chips, and macadamias)
- Preheat oven to 180˚C and line a 20cm x 30cm baking pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk 1/3 cup olive oil and boiling water into cocoa powder mixture until smooth.
- Add sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and remaining 1/3 cup olive oil. Whisk until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in flour until smooth.
- Fold in your choice of mix ins with a spatula.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 30 minutes before slicing.
- Optional: Once cooled, dust with icing sugar!