Croque Madame with Bacon, Cheese & Egg
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 8 rashers middle bacon
- 8 slices thick-cut white bread
- 1 tbsp sweet mustard
- 125g Gruyere cheese, finely sliced
- ½ cup béchamel sauce
- ½ bunch chives, finely sliced
- 4 eggs
- watercress and radish salad, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°.
- Cook the bacon rashers in the pan until crisp.
- Spread the bread slices with mustard, top half with bacon and cheese, then sandwich together. Mix the white sauce and chives and spoon over, arrange in a lined oven tray, then bake for 10 minutes, until golden.
- Fill the base of the Microsafe® Steam Egg Poacher with boiling water up to the line. Sprinkle the inside of the cups with oil, then crack an egg into each. Add boiling water up to the line, then fit the lid and microwave on high power for 1 minute and 20 seconds. Allow to rest for one minute.
- Arrange an egg on top of each sandwich, then serve with watercress and radish salad.