Crisp Bacon & Poached Eggs with Pesto-Ricotta
Crisp bacon and poached eggs with pesto-ricotta is a delicious breakfast dish that consists of crispy bacon, perfectly poached eggs, and a creamy and flavourful pesto-ricotta sauce.
Cook time: 10 Minutes
- 4 Rashers Middle Bacon
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Slices Sourdough Bread
- 100g Full-Cream Ricotta
- 2 tbsp Pesto
- 2 Sprigs Roasted Truss Cherry Tomatoes
- Lemon Cheeks and Micro Herbs, to serve
- Cook the bacon rashers in a pan on the stove, until crisp.
- Fill the base of the Microsafe® Steam Egg Poacher with boiling water up to the line. Sprinkle the inside of the cups with oil, then crack an egg into each. Add boiling water up to the line, then fit the lid and microwave on high power for 1 minute and 20 seconds. Allow to rest for one minute.
- Toast the bread slices until lightly darkened. Mix the ricotta and pesto lightly, then spread on the toast. Top with the eggs, then arrange the bacon and tomatoes alongside. Garnish with lemon cheeks and micro herbs.