Honey-Soy One-Pot Chicken, Pea & Coconut Rice
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1½ cups long grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cups frozen peas
- ½ store-bought barbecued chicken, shredded
- 4 green shallots, finely sliced
- ¼ bunch coriander leaves, chopped
- 6cm piece ginger, cut into fine batons
- Rinse the rice thoroughly, until the water runs clear, then place in a Microsafe® Rice Cooker with the stock, coconut milk, soy sauce, honey and sesame oil.
- Cook on high power without the lid for 8 minutes, then set aside with lid on and vent open for 4 minutes.
- Add the peas, mix gently, then cook on high for a further 3 minutes with lid off. Stir in the chicken, shallots, coriander and ginger.