Green Goddess Salad
You've got to try out this delicious side salad for your next occasion! Created by nutritionist Marianne, from My Nutrition Creative, with all the green goodness from avocado and fresh herbs that you'll be going back for seconds!
- 1 kg of baby potatoes washed and halved
- 1 large ripe avocado peeled and deseeded
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh dill chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2-3 spring onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise optional – can remove if making it vegan
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Place the halved baby potatoes in a large pot and cover them with cold, salted water.
- Bring the water to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cook the potatoes for about 10-15 minutes or until they are fork-tender.
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool to room temperature, the place in fridge to cool whilst you make the dressing
- In a bowl, combine the ripe avocado and lemon juice, and mash using the back of a fork to form a smooth paste. Add in the wholegrain mustard, and mayonnaise (if using), followed by your chopped herbs.
- Mix with a spoon until the mixture is smooth. It will remain slightly chunky due to the herbs which is perfect! Adjust the seasoning with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add your green goddess dressing to the cooked and cooled baby potatoes, and mix until each potato is perfectly coated.
- Adjust the seasoning if needed, you may want to add some extra salt or lemon juice.
- Cover the potato salad and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Before serving, give it one final toss, and garnish with additional fresh herbs if desired.
TOP TIP: Serve & Store in the Decor Cook Bowl with Lid to easily take along to your social gathering!