It can be hard to make sure your kids have a balanced lunch for school with all the prep work. Here's some lunch box ideas for inspiration on how to make lunches more exciting!
- Salada sandwich with cream cheese and tomato slices & chopped chives
- Sourdough sandwich with sliced avo, chicken, mayo with spinach and sliced red onion.
- Veggie wraps with lettuce, sliced cucumber, shredded carrot , cubed cheese and sweet chilli sauce
- Rice crackers with your favourite spread
- Crackers/carrot & celery sticks and dip
- Pasta Salad - check out our recipe here
- Pizza Bagel - pop ham and cheese onto the bagel and pop it in the grill for 10 mins or until cheese is melted then wrap in foil to keep warm until lunchtime.
- Fried rice - always a great option to use up leftovers form the night before, sneak some veggies in for a more balanced meal & top with drizzled soy sauce for a lunch they'll ask for again and again.
- Popcorn or pretzels are a great savoury snack
- Fresh fruit is always a great lunchbox filler!
Bonus: here's some hacks to make lunchbox prep easy
- double up your baking and freeze your portions
- prep your veggies in advance and submerge in water to keep fresh for 3-4 days
- get the kids involved! Let your little ones fill their lunchbox with their favourite fruit or create a trail mix station where they can add each element.